County & District Clerk
ABOUT THE CLERK'S OFFICE
You may not be aware of the various services within the scope of the County & District Clerk's Office. We want you to know who we are, why we are here, and what we can do for you.
In one way or another, the Clerk's Office touches most everyone who lives in Somervell County. The county Clerk is the record keeper of most information affecting our lives. We are proud of our efforts in providing the most efficient and reliable access to our records. Anyone can come into the office and search our indices and images on computer. In August, 2005 we began scanning and are in the process of back scanning records so that all will be computerized for easy access.
Via a computer link with the Texas Department of State Health Services we are able to provide certified copies of birth certificates if you were born anywhere in Texas. Marriage licenses are now automated. Information is input and licenses are generated by a computer and printed, instead of hand-typed. Electronic voting equipment was purchased in 2005 and all elections are now tallied by computer.
I am honored to have been elected your County & District Clerk and am proud to serve each citizen of Somervell County. The volume of information for which my office is responsible is tremendous. We are experiencing continued growth in the community and have been able to accommodate this growth primarily through automation and reorganization. We will continue to develop and implement ways to make more services available to you with your convenience in mind.
County Services Provided
- All Real Property Records
- Land - Deed Records
- Marriage Licenses
- Assumed names - DBA
- Birth - Death Records
- Beer & Wine Licenses
- Brand Recordation
- Wills for Safekeeping
- Support Staff for County Civil - Probate Court
- Maintaining Permanent Records & files for Civil - Probate Court
- Support Staff for County Criminal - Juvenile Court
- Support Staff for Commissioners' Court
- Maintaining Permanent Records & Files for Commissioners' Court
District Services Provided
- Support Staff for District Civil Court
- Maintaining Permanent Records & Files for District Civil Court
- Support Staff for District Criminal Court
- Maintaining Permanent Records & Files for District Criminal Court
- Grand Jury
- Child Support Staff assisting Office of the Attorney General
- Maintaining Trusts for Minors
Voter Registration Information from the Secretary of State's Office.
How to Apply for a Birth or Death Certificate at your local Registrar.
Court of Appeals serving Somervell County.